Search Eagle

Monday, May 10, 2010

Eagle Hospital Physicians Participates in 20th Annual Atlanta Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Eagle put together a team of runners and walkers for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure for the 4th straight year. This year the race was held Mother's Day weekend, May 8 at Atlantic Station with a record number of runners – over 17,000. As of Saturday morning, the annual 5K race had raised about $1.5 million, just shy of the goal of $2 million. Donations can still be sent towards this cause until May 31. 75% of the funds raised from the 5K stay in the Atlanta area to fund breast health programs for women who would not otherwise have access to screening and treatment. The other 25% of funds raised support the national Komen Foundation Award and Research Grant Program. Komen Atlanta has raised more than $23.5 million since its inception.

Our team this year reached a new high for participation with 35 runners. The participants included members from the corporate office, our friends and family as well as our partners from IngeniousMed. We raised a total of $2,305 and are still collecting donations through the end of May. Please log on to www.KomenAtlanta.org and make a donation to our team Eagle Hospital Physicians.